Monday, June 11, 2007

June 2007 newsletter

To My Valued Clients and Friends...

My Son Wins at the California State Science Fair in LA
The Median Price Has Inched Back Up to $1,250,000


I am so happy to announce that my 14-year-old son has won 4th place at the California State Science Fair in the earth & planetary science division. At first, he was disappointed that he did not win first place, but after letting him know this is for the whole state of California, he was a little less disappointed and I am very happy that he placed.

The Santa Barbara median price is back up to the 2005 level of $1,250,000 as well as sales continue to outpace last year. This time of the year is also traditionally when buyers are out in force, and a great time to sell. This month and every month for now on, I have added a monthly calendar to the back of this letter so to keep you up on events around town and to be a place to keep track of your own events and notes (great for the refrigerator!).

This month I have enclosed a coupon from Andersen’s Danish Bakery & Restaurant (805) 962-5085 located at 1106 State Street in downtown Santa Barbara, http://www.andersenssantabarbara.com/. This is a great place to enjoy a great breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is very delicious, the pastries are to die for and the atmosphere is always friendly. If you go make sure you try the Almond Marzipan Butter Rings. They are just heavenly. Please tell Birte the owner that I said hello.

Are you looking for a photo editing software like Photoshop which is free and easy to use? Then Picasa from Google could be your ticket. It helps you locate and organize all the photos on your computer. Edit, correct and add effects to your photos with a few simple clicks. Share your photos with others through email, prints, and on the web: it’s fast, easy and free। Go to Google and click on more, then click on Scholar and again click on more and now click on even more and this is where you will find Picasa and a lot of other fun free software.

Words of wisdom, what were they thinking???

· "If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said 'you can't do this'." -- Spencer Silver on the work that led to the unique adhesives for 3M "Post-It" Notepads.

· "Home Taping Is Killing Music" -- A 1980s campaign by the BPI, claiming that people recording music off the radio onto cassette would destroy the music industry.

· "There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now; All that remains is more and more precise measurement." -- Lord Kelvin, speaking to the British Association for the Advancement of Science, 1900.

Because of my high level of service, attention to detail and very satisfied clients, most of my business comes from referrals. Your referrals are the foundation of my business and I will always show my appreciation for your consideration. Anytime you have a question about real estate or need a referral for contractors, please call me. Being a resource for you is part of what I do.

Best regards,

Michael Farris
COLDWELL BANKER
(805) 637-3300
mike@mikewfarris.com

No comments: